Father and Son (age 10-13) Connection weekend
May 24-26 2024
“What a humbling experience to have my son cross the line and start his journey into manhood not only in the presence of great men but supported by great men. I could not have given this experience to my son in a lifetime by myself … I know I have given him the greatest start to his life as a young man.”- Father
Father and Son Connection Camp
Rites Together has now developed an opportunity for groups of fathers and sons to connect and explore their connections and relationships.
The program provides the opportunity for a fun, connecting and insightful weekend for boys and their dads aged 10-13yrs. This program offers fathers and sons time in exploring nature based activities as well as time for reflection and connection with others in a group setting. The program is a great preparation and skill development for a future Stepping into Manhood Rites of Passage program for 13-16 year old and marks current challanges for the boys such as: transitions to high school; awakening to body changes; and greater exposure to the adult world . This camp offers quality father-son time, lots of fun activities and opportunities for reflection and sharing in a safe and supportive environment.
What does the Father / Son Connection Weekend offer?
- Explore the changes in relationship between father and son
- A look at what transitions are happening for the boy and the challanges that come with those changes
- Gain insights from men’s stories of their pathway to becoming an adult
- Spend some uninterrupted quality time with each other.
- Learn about sharing stories, reflection and respectfull conversations
- Appreciate each others differences, qualities and gifts
- Have fun through non competitive games
- Learn some bushcraft skills and nature connection games
Rites Together has the philosophy that no one should miss out on this experience because of cost and aims to facilitate various ways of payment to ensure costs are covered for the camps and the organisation to be sustainable. The current cost of the father and son connection is $ 650 -800 dependent on income. This includes all costs for both Father and Son to attend the camp, alternative arangements for payment can be made during camp registration.
For more information contact:
Reijer – 0408 605 842 or email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org